Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Day After....

It is amazing to me how time has flown by. Yesturday was the anniversary of my brother Darin's death. So much has happened since that day. For a long time I felt my life was on hold, impossible to go on; but as time passed life forced me back into living as hard as it was, I had to continue on. He wasn't perfect, but he had a big heart. He was always willing to do things for anyone in need. He really loved his little boys and you could tell by the way he looked at them. He loved to play with them. He had a contagious smile that make me laugh when I think about him. Amazing things have happened since that day, things that have reminded me the he is not far. He is closer than we realized and is standing ready to fight for his kids from the other side. Joni, his widow, has lost not only him but the man she married after his passing. She has had to carry on, raise those boys and is once again feeling the weight of these two losses. I have so much respect for her. I am grateful that with all the loss she has suffered she has persevered and finished her schooling and has become a certified teacher. I wish I could be there for her and James, Darin Leon, and Nate. I love them very much. I miss my brother. He is a reminder to me of what the great gift of the Resurrection really means. We will be together again and I am so glad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What sweet words about Darin. I appreciate your comments in my blog. It is hard to believe all that has happened in this life and yet look at the sweet, tender mercies of the Lord that we have our memories and experience to keep us going in this life. I love you!

The Rare-its said...

more tears from me, as I read your words. Well, Darin wasn't perfect for sure, but he was perfect for our family, and he's worth sharing tears over, the day after and more.
I'm glad everyone has found a way to remember him, on blogs, or in their memories, or homes.
I sure do miss him, and when you talked about his smile I looked up at his picture, and sure enough it makes me smile and laugh when I listen to his laugh in my mind, and look at his face.
I love you mels. I love your family, and our family and I too wish I were closer to Joni's family.
Maybe one day- especially since Brian has recently mentioned that since I speak so highly of AZ, he finds himself being willing to move there :)

marylinn

joni said...

Thank you Melanie! Your comments were very heart felt and touching! I do miss Darin, but I can't believe how much his children remind me of him! He was not perfect that is for sure, but he was a good dad and a good husband! I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we will be together again!