Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Colton's growing up...

Well, Jason and I were informed not too long ago that Colton didn't need parents. To which we burst out in uncontrollable laughter...let me explain. We were riding in the car all together. Colton had just earned some money from our garage sale and was pretty thrilled. He had his MP3 player and and new bike for his birthday. He didn't know what he should spend it on since he just had his birthday. We discussed a cell phone (which was a no from us) when he informed us "well, what do I need you for, I've got $20." Apparently, if you got 20 bucks then you really don't need parents cause obviously, parents are only necessary when you need money. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

6 comments:

Erin said...

The last three entries are such classics! Good thing they are written down so you can share it when them later on in life! Especially when they have children of their own. Too funny! :)

Stuart and Kimber said...

That's why we keep kids around - cheap entertainment!

amiee said...

maybe i am a dork, but i totally did not get the colton $20 story. did i miss something?

i laughed pretty hard at the luke waterfall story, though. hahahah

Tricia said...

How funny! If only $20 would REALLY go that far! Kids truly know it all! Good luck with that!

The Rare-its said...

hahaha colton cracks me up, i can totally see him saying that, especially in his accent- yeah why do I need parents, I got 20$, ahahahahahahahaha, aaaah! sister, your children crack me right up..

thank heavens for real for neices and nephews since I don't have ability to have a child right now, so that I can have those moments to smile and laugh every day-

we are in utah, made it safe, been job hunting, spending time with reub once and julie twice (though not all that long), and with mom and dad when they're off.

I made a new post on my blog if you want to go read it.

Love and miss you! Can't wait to see you. Maybe you could move back here soon, and we could find a place to leave near each other...

alrighty then,

marylinn

The Wilsons said...

You'll have to remind Colton of this story when he is 16 and wants a car! :) The last three entries have made me LOL! I love the great things kids come up with!