Just writing an update. Thanks to Ike we had one of those rare cancellations of church. It would have been great if the decision had been made before I got the family ready, but hey it was better to stick it out at home. I don't want to give the impression that we were in grave danger. We had some rain but the biggest problem was strong wind that took down trees, power lines and such. Many a fences couldn't hold and unfortunately the one around the ugly scrap metal place was one that succumbed to the storm. Power is back on and we are doing great. The only major loss was our dear sturdy trampoline (which I've bragged about it's strength in times of such storms). We have seen many a storm together, but this time our tramp was no match for Ike. Ike won out and we have a pile of metal, mesh and springs. Jason did, however, try to save it. He saw it raising and went outside to pull it to the side of the house when he ended up in some trampoline-wind ballet. It was light on its legs as he began guiding it near the fence, but then a gust took it up and over the fence and landed in the street. Fortunately the neighbor standing in his yard was not injured, however, I would counsel all that the last place you should be watching a violent wind storm is standing outside in it. It is not the only pile a mesh & metal on the street. Many tramps in our neighborhood found a fate of twisted metal. All is fine, nothing that the Elder's quorum and a few chainsaws can't handle. Now I hope you enjoy a few more pics from our trip to UT in July...
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy MOly about the trampoline! You need to post some pics of that! HA! I also think that park looks like DISNEYLAND! Are you kidding me with that park? Do they charge to use it? It's amazing!
poor trampoline, and I laughed to myself at the thought of Jason doing a trampoline-wind dance. haha.
i'm glad you're safe, and that everything worked out for no injuries.
TOO BAD about the fence at the junk yard- NICE! haha.
Sorry I haven't called yet. I've meant to the last couple weeks, but that doesn't actually count I suppose.
I've got alot of shopping to do and things today- so i'm gonna run
love and miss you all
Holy cow! Never a dull moment is there? I'm just glad it wasn't more than the trampoline! Very valiant effort on Jason's part! Love the pics of the park. We just may have to visit that one - it would be worth the drive.
Post a Comment