We'll Luke has reached a new stage. This four year old comes up with all kinds of unique stories but his one was very clever.
Jason had taken Whitney to the Build A Bear workshop in another town. I missed all the fun cause I was getting my haircut (something I don't get to do very often). Anyhow, whit had saved her money and decided to buy another bear. Luke decided he had a way to get a bear for himself. He began to tell his dad how his stuffed zebra "Thomas" needed a friend and since they were at the bear place he could get his zebra another friend to play with. Jason pried more into the need of "Thomas" for a new friend. Luke repsonded that the other animals on his bed are not nice to Thomas and that is why he needs another friend to play with. I didn't know that all this time the other stuffed animals were bullying the biggest animal on Luke's bed. He had such a voice of desparation for poor Thomas. Jason said it was really hard not to laugh.
You have to know this is the same little boy that believes his animals can do creative things. During Christmas time we had drawn names in the family to see who would do surprise acts of kindness for each other. Jason had Luke and each day he would sneak in his room and make is bed and place all his animals in funny ways, like an animal pyramid and such; he'd add sunglasses or little treats on them. Luke to this day still believes the animals did it themselves. Even after we told him it was his dad he still didn't believe us. A few weeks ago he was upset and when I asked why he explained that his animals hadn't fixed up his bed in a long time. He really believes they come to life or something when he's not around. Maybe he has seen too much Toy Story.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Creative Thinkers...
Posted by Mels at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Maybe...but no reason to rock the creative world! Sounds like a fun world to me! where are those animals when I need MY bed made? ha. ha.
That is so cute....I love it:)
that is too precious. I miss that boy. how adorable. I love that he believes they are his friends, and real.. he will be a very creative grown up. I think he won't just do stuff.. he'll be a strong thinker :)
how cute that he thinks of it and mentioned they haven't done anything. Maybe you should do it up like once a week or something? :)
well love you- actually having a hard day today, so when i read this- it made the tears flow, because i miss you guys so much..well anyway, i'm lookin forward to more stories..
Post a Comment