I kidded her that she was 1 this year since the camera man took the pic from the back!

Whit had a small party with some friends the week before since we'd be picking grandma and grandpa Erickson from the airport in St. Louis on her actual birthday!

This was my first ice cream cake! Whit and Colton both wanted one for their birthdays. I made homemade ice cream with oreos for the one layer and a chocolate cake for the other. then frosted it with cool whip once the cake was frozen. Used a spring pan to bake the cake in and then the same pan to freeze the icecream so they would be the same size, good idea but the cake shrinks up a little and I had to cut some of the ice cream off so it was the same size, so we decided to do brownie next time.
Yummy, we liked it and I didn't have to spend $30 to get it!
Happy Birthday Whitney!!!
10 years old on a historic date - 9-9-09!
4 comments:
You such a good Mommy!!!! You amaze me!!! Looks like a great day for your daughter!!!!
the cake looks good. you are so smart. Looks like she had fun opening presents :)
look forward to seeing coltons :)
omg i can't believe you made an ice cream cake! AND homemade ice cream??? you're martha stewart!!!
Happy Birthday Whitney!
Post a Comment