Sunday was one of those days that just makes a mother so proud. For once, Colton dressed in his new white shirt, tie and even a belt. Yes, you guessed it; he usually tries to do the least dress up as possible. Sunday he took it very seriously and I was so pleased. He looked so handsome. He asked Grandpa Erickson to ordain him and Grandpa gave him a really special blessing. I love him so much. They just grow up too fast!
Our trip with Mom and Dad was such a delight. I loved every minute of it. They were so cute with the kids and one evening Luke propped himself on a stool and rested his chin in his hands watching Grandpa making scones. I walked by and patted his back and he looked at me and said "I just love your Dad!" Of course I love my dad too, but it's even more special when your kids do too. It reminded me on how much we miss out on out here and how my little ones haven't had as many special times with their grandparents as other cousins. It makes me sad. I really hope we will one day be closer to our families. We miss them so much.
Yes, we played much scum in honor of all of our family; and I even pulled out my "presidents cap" but it didn't help much. I was only president one time:( It was a lot of fun though!
(my presidents cap for those who don't know, is a bandana I wore several year ago when several family members were playing scum. I played so well and was pres. so long that we attributed it to "the cap" and so I like to bring it along when we play just incase my luck sticks. There are usually some family thiefs who try to hide my cap for fear of me being pres. again, but it's all just family fun!)
Friday, September 18, 2009
A Young Man Now...
Posted by Mels at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is so great that mom and dad were able to go out there, and also be there for 2 birthdays and his ordination.
it brought tears to my eyes when I read what lukey said about your dad. I just love those little things. It is so sweet and makes me miss him even more. sometimes I wonder if alot of people in the world miss out on so many precious moments w/ their own children. I know I wouldn't if I had the chance.
congratulations on becoming a teen mother and having a boy who takes the preisthood seriously. I think he'll like having responsibilities at church too, like his mom and dad.
anyway- love you all too much :)
oh yah- and dont forget your scum cap the next time you visit ;)
WOW! You guys seem really busy! Happy Birthday to all....and to all a good nap....after all that birthday, anniversary, Dollywood fun you must be exhausted!
Post a Comment