It's been 3 months since Luke's last appointment with his diabetes Dr. He had great numbers, though we were nervous how the last 3 months would rate. He has figured out child locks, can open the fridge and climb cupboards; thus keeping food at bay is rather difficult. Many times in the last month he has come to me with food in mouth or runs to hide when I enter a room. Yes, he is sneaking food which sends his blood sugar high. Now we have to teach him to come to me when he wants something to eat so that we can give him food that wont affect his blood sugar, or I try to pick up on a time he may need a snack and offer something to him. It's not always easy to remember that.
To make the Doctor trip easier we drove up the 4 hours on Thursday and made a family activity out of it. Colton and Whitney were thrilled to miss school, swim in the hotel pool and then visit the St. Louis Arch the next morning. It turned out to be a good trip, though a very long day. We drove home that afternoon and then picked up a couple neighbor kids to go down to our Ward Pine Wood Derby. (we don't have enough scouts so we make it a ward activity and anyone can build a car and race:) The kids had a lot of fun. Colton was disappointed though, one of the Elders had taken a block of wood with a missing wheel and won the race every time. Colton was second. They learned a great lesson: It doesn't matter what you look like, you can be as plain as a block of wood with a missing wheel and still be a winnner!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Hello St. Louis!
Posted by Mels at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds fun. Family pinewood derby sounds fun. Its the men that take it so seriouly here. Cheers to Luke for doing well with the numbers.
I'm glad colton gets to have his disappointing experiences. It sure will help him prep for the next several years to come :)
I can picture Luke being a little pill like that. What a kid.
Mels- I laughed so hard at the comments luke makes, like the one I read on the sisters blog about the missionaries hahaha. he is so funny!
Mel,
You are handling Lukes diabetes so well. Diabetes also is in Jamie's family. It is so great to to see your blog and keep updated on your cute family. It was wonderful to see you but I wished it would have been a better reason we were all together. Thanks for being there and supporting Joni it meant alot to her. I miss you guys. Thanks again for your friendship. Hope we can visit with each other again soon.
Post a Comment