Happy Mother's Day!
I know so many mother's that I hope they all have had a wonderful weekend. I can't tell you what a great week it has been, aside from all the work making mint choco & choc peanut butter suckers for our ward ladies. I had a wonderful weekend. I did prep work and it paid off;) I've been talking to Jason all week about all the wonderful things he could do that didn't cost anything since I was getting to go see a musical production of Fiddler on the Roof in Memphis and then Wicked in July. I reminded him how it would set things up for how his father's day would run:) Prep work paid off and I enjoyed going out to dinner with him on Friday night followed by breakfast in bed Sat. Then after I got home from the musical he helped get babies to bed and had cleaned up through the house. Sunday morning made muffins for breakfast and when we got home from church he sent me to take a nap!!! He prepared most of dinner - including washing and slicing potatoes to fry and cutting strawberries to go with the cake he made. What a great man. I've always felt that I got the best deal when I married him. He is one of the most thoughtful people I know and does a great job trying to help me around the house and with the kids. He helps me want to be a better person. NOTE to husbands: the best gift your wife would love are those simple acts of kindness that ease her load around the house and with the kids:)
I know my mom wont read this (she doesn't get on the computer much), But I want you all to know what an incredible person she is. I love her very much. There is much of my growing up years that I didn't really know her. Raising a large family took it's toll on her. She is amazing and I look at her today an see a woman of faith, love and hope. She had difficult times and she perseviered she didn't always know what to do next but she always trust that Heavenly Father would open a way. She plant those seeds of faith in my heart and I thank her for that. She sacrificed much for our family. Her heart was broken when she lost her son and then though times when her children made choices that had difficult consequences. I love her because she is always seeking to do better, to learn more and to server her Father in Heaven. She is serving with my dad as an "Addiction Recovery Missionary" and has been a great blessing in those member's lives. I wish you all could know her cause she is a woman of strength.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day!
Posted by Mels at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that was very sweet mels.. I think you would have loved to be there for mom yesterday with alot of children and grandchildren surrounding her. she couldn't read the book without crying and cried and laughed the whole way through- and everyone sat around her while she read and looked at the whole thing...It sure felt like there were even more people there.
You did a wonderful job and came up with something great.
I'm glad Jason provided a deserved mothers day weekend for you!
We love you and miss you..you are the best example of a mother to me..just like our mom and our sisters. I hope someday I can have a child. I know i'll always beable to turn to you when I don't know what to do.
I hope the rest of your evening is just as wonderful..
take care :)
Happy Mothers Day!!!
Post a Comment